Melinda Maria’s jewelry cleaner: Ultrasonic cleaner used to clean her face

A woman in Melbourne, Victoria has been left “disappointed” after her jewelry cleaner allegedly used a sonic shockwave to cleanse her face.

Melinda Maria, 37, told the ABC she was wearing a face mask when she was “shocked” by a loud “thud” while cleaning her face in November 2016.

“It was really loud,” Ms Maria said.

“I couldn’t believe it.

I was so scared.”

Ms Maria said she was shocked when the sonic wave hit her head and she felt a sharp pain on her neck.

She said she tried to scream for help but the cleaner allegedly said it was “a bad shock”.

“I could see the needle go through the mask and into my scalp,” she said.

Ms Maria, who lives in the inner-Melbourne suburb of Baulkham Hills, said she initially thought the cleaner had been using a vibrator to massage her scalp.

“But then I realised it was a sonic cleaner and that’s what it was,” she told the Melbourne news station.

“The way it hit me on my head was just horrible.”

Ms Marie said she did not know how the cleaner ended up on her face, but it was not clear whether it was an accident.

“There was no way I could get a good look at it, so I’m not sure how it got there,” she added.

“And I’m glad that it did.

It was a terrible experience.”

Topics:health,family-and-children,perth-6000,melbourne-3000More stories from Victoria